MASTER OF FUN
Laufey is our most clever and versatile bike. Instead of saying that Laufey is tailored for one type of rider, we're going to go ahead and claim this fun-loving machine is perfect for everyone. Laufey is omnipotent: it's a slack, simple trail bike that relishes new terrain. Laufey may be someone's first bike or their latest bike. It's inexpensive and attainable, and it's a niche bike that feels at home in even the most exclusive bike collection. It's for first-timers and expert shredders. Ride it in Lycra, shred it in jeans. Laufey is a jack-of-all-trades and master of fun with 29" wheels and a 140mm fork.
Maximum Capability and Speed
- For long, fast rides over varied terrain with the greatest versatility, 29" is the clear choice for Laufey.
- Wide 2.6" tires offer a bigger contact patch, which means more grip. More knobs are digging into the ground at any one time, increasing cornering and braking traction.
- Slacker head angle—great stability
- Lower bottom bracket—corners naturally
- Longer cockpit—room to move while maintaining balance
- Longer wheelbase—stability at high speeds
- Steep seat angle—proper pedaling position
- Short seat tube—for long dropper posts
- We manipulate the shapes and wall-thickness of our aluminum tubing to increase strength and resistance to unwanted flex. Many of the tubes are butted to save weight in the middle of the tubes, away from the stress of the joints and the weld zones.
- Using aluminum technologies as advanced as our carbon manufacturing ensures our aluminum bikes are never second-best.
- Laufey is designed to see a lot of action. While keeping the frame light, we aimed for the added durability required for a bike that will be ridden hard. Butted and hydroformed tubing ensures the burliness is where it's needed.
- To allow maximum tire clearance and offer great rigidity we created a proprietary chainstay yoke that is forged and then CNC finished to exact specs.
- It's not a new technology, but it's costly and we felt that a great solution was right for Laufey.
|Frame||Orbea Laufey Hydro 2020 Triple Butted 29" Boost 12x148 ISCG 05|
|Fork||Fox 34 Float Performance 140 3-Position QR15x110|
|Headset||Acros Alloy 1-1/8 - 1-1/2" Integrated|
Front: 110 x 15mm thru-axle
Rear: 148 x 12mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Race Face AR 30c Tubeless Ready|
|Tires||Maxxis Forekaster 2.60" FB 60 TPI Dual Exo TR|
|Crankset||Race Face Aeffect 32t|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XT M8100 SGS Shadow Plus|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano CS-M7100 10-51t 12-Speed|
|Shifters||Shimano SLX M7100 I-Spec EV|
|Handlebars||Race Face Aeffect 35 20mm Rise 780mm|
|Stem||Race Face Aeffect R 35mm interface|
|Brakes||Shimano M6120 Hydraulic Disc|
|Saddle||Fizik Taiga S-alloy rail|
|Seat Post||OC2 Dropper 31.6mm|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Blue Gulf/Orange / Small||08434446742965||L25315MS|
|Blue Gulf/Orange / Medium||08434446742996||L25317MS|
|Blue Gulf/Orange / Large||08434446743023||L25319MS|
|Blue Gulf/Orange / X-Large||08434446743054||L25321MS|
|Black/Purple / Small||08434446742941||L25315MQ|
|Black/Purple / Medium||08434446742972||L25317MQ|
|Black/Purple / Large||08434446743009||L25319MQ|
|Black/Purple / X-Large||08434446743030||L25321MQ|
|Green/Orange / Small||08434446742958||L25315MR|
|Green/Orange / Medium||08434446742989||L25317MR|
|Green/Orange / Large||08434446743016||L25319MR|
|Green/Orange / X-Large||08434446743047||L25321MR|