TAKE IT TOO FAR
Performance gains can be found everywhere and obsession is part of the game. How far is too far? For as long as we have had goals, competition, and a creative spirit, we have pushed ourselves to win. Once victory is tasted, it becomes an obsession to be the best. You feel it in your heart, lungs, and legs – you can sense it in our bikes. Only by sweating the smallest details and pushing past what seems possible can we achieve our ultimate goals.
OMX - 830GR
- Orbea Monocoque X (OMX) frames blend high modulus fibers and high strength fibers exclusively. Prepreg carbon sheets are laser cut to minimize excess materials and overlap, and hours of premolding are done to ensure optimal compaction with the smallest amount of carbon. A full EPS mold and Latex inserts are used to eliminate wrinkles and imperfections.
- The large majority of torsional and lateral loads are handled by the lower spine of the frame. The headtube, downtube, and chainstays resist twisting and transmit power to the rear wheel. There is no doubt about it, resistance to flex in the bottom of the frame translates directly to more watts to the wheel and a sensation that power transfer is instantaneous.
- The seat stays of the new Alma are thinner, the cross-sections and diameters reduced to provide graceful support for the seat tube and nothing more. The top tube is robust at the head tube where it contributes to torsional stiffness, but quickly tapers to eliminate unnecessary material.
- The natural flex patterns created by the carbon layup and minimal bulk of the top tube and seat stays deliver a dynamic, smooth ride that feels like floating over rough terrain. The sensation is subtle - but it is noticeable and can be tested. And at the end of a grueling ride it could make the difference between the podium and the consolation prize.
ORBEA WORLD CUP GEOMETRY
- Alma's World Cup Geometry is born from years of designing world-class XC bikes. The position is aggressive, comfortable and fast. Unlike trail geometry that sacrifices some precision for endurance, XC geometry is precise and intuitive for maximum power transfer.
|1 - SEAT TUBE (C-T)||400||445||483||533|
|2 - TOP TUBE (EFF)||559||593||618||647|
|3 - HEAD TUBE||90||100||110||125|
|4 - CHAINSTAY||430||430||430||430|
|5 - BB HEIGHT||309||309||309||309|
|6 - BB DROP||61||61||61||61|
|7 - WHEELBASE||1083||1118||1144||1175|
|8 - HEAD ANGLE||68||68||68||68|
|9 - SEAT ANGLE||74.5||74.5||74.5||74.5|
|10 - STANDOVER||693||729||749||819|
|11 - REACH||395||426||448||474|
|12 - STACK||593||602||612||625|
|HEIGHT ( CM )||HEIGHT ( IN )||SIZE|
Due to supply-chain issues, Specs are subject to change without notice.
|Frame||Orbea Alma Carbon OMX, Boost 12x148, PF BB, Internal cable routing|
|Stem||OC3 31.8mm interface -8°|
|Headset||Acros 1-1/8 - 1-1/2" Semi-intergated Block Lock|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Carbon Blue/Gold / Small||08434446048838||M90516L8|
|Carbon Blue/Gold / Medium||08434446049231||M90518L8|
|Carbon Blue/Gold / Large||08434446049279||M90519L8|
|Carbon Blue/Gold / X-Large||08434446049316||M90521L8|
|Carbon/Gold / Small||08434446049026||M90516L9|
|Carbon/Gold / Medium||08434446049248||M90518L9|
|Carbon/Gold / Large||08434446049286||M90519L9|
|Carbon/Gold / X-Large||08434446049323||M90521L9|
|Pink/ Marble / Small||08434446048647||M90516L7|
|Pink/ Marble / Medium||08434446049224||M90518L7|
|Pink/ Marble / Large||08434446049262||M90519L7|
|Pink/ Marble / X-Large||08434446049309||M90521L7|